"Draw your chair up close to the edge of the precipice and I'll tell you a story." ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

28 February 2012

big decisions

So, I'm in the middle of trying to make a couple of big decisions about SoT.

First, do I try and submit it as a fantasy for adults or do I change the ages of my main characters and submit it as Young Adult? You would think that I would have already made this decision, seeing as how I submitted to the Amazon contest in the general fiction category instead of YA. I've gotten some recent feedback, though, that has me wondering again.

The second decision is one that kind of depends on the result of the first--who do I submit it to?

I've decided that I'm only going to try for an agent. I don't want to submit to any publishers right now for a couple of reasons: if I do manage to get an agent, I don't want to have made things hard for him/her because certain publishers already saw my pitch and turned it down. More importantly, though, I really think I need some fresh eyes to look at my writing before I even attempt to get it published--I don't think it's polished up enough to be published right now.

In the meanwhile, I'm doing some editing and reworking now that it's been a while since I worked on the story. I'm also working on the new story, but that's a long way from being put into the public eye! ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!